Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Scripture reading

Here is where I'm going to post Scripture verses that are currently speaking to me, books in the bible I am currently reading/studying or any other things that pops up that is worth mentioning.  The purpose is for conversation not to boast in the reading of His Word.  I also plan on putting up my Proverb for the day which is in accordance to the date.  For example, today is the fifteenth, so I read Proverbs 15 today.  Simple right? In U-turn we would choose one and discuss.  I will do the same here.

3/15
Currently reading : John
Studying (forever) : Romans
Proverb 15:22
    It was really hard for me to learn to ask and seek counsel.  My pride tells me that I make my own choices and that I don't need anyone's help.  I feel differently about that now.  I don't believe that the people in my life are out to get me, so I actually want their opinion.  They usually always lead me to Scripture so I am very greatful for the godly people that are in my life.

Verse : Romans 8:5
    For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.


3/17
Proverb 17:20
    This proverb always screams at me.  One of the areas that I def fall short in is my language.  Not that I cuss, but my humor and conversation sometimes veers into areas that are not edifying.  My sense of humor still goes in wrong directions.  I believe my defense mechanism of wanting to be liked kicks in and it overpowers the desire to do what is right. 

Verse : Psalm 10:4
    The wicked, in the haughtiness of his countenance, does not seek Him.  All his thoughts are, "There is no God."

5/18/2011
Hebrews 13:9
     Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines.  For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.

6/6/11
John 6:64
     "But there are some of you who do not believe ."  For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.

Galatians 1:11,12
     But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.  For I neither recieved it from man, not was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

11/4/11  
Galatians 5:7,8
     You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth?  This persuasion did not come from Him who calls you.

No comments:

Post a Comment